Did you know that children can drink from an open cup from the moment you start solids?
That's right - 4, 5 and 6 month olds can be taught to drink from an open cup, and supporting them to do so has benefits for development.
1. Open cup drinking supports the development of a mature swallow.
2. It helps strengthen the muscles of the mouth that support speech
3. It promotes sipping rather than sucking which is good for jaw development
4. It prevents liquids from pooling around the upper front teeth
5. It develops their fine and gross motor skills
- Not too shallow and not too deep
- Firm silicone to increase drinking success
- Perfectly angled interior for a smooth flow
- Weighted base
- Ridiculously easy to clean
- Dishwasher safe
- Oven safe (to 230°)
- Freezer safe (to -40°)
- Free of BPA and phthalates
- 100% food grade silicone
- Bacteria and mould resistant
Silicone is a wonder of a material in the baby world, most importantly because it’s food-safe and BPA-free. It’s also odour and stain resistant, hypoallergenic and a breeze to clean. As it’s so long lasting and can be used time and time again, this makes silicone a much better and sustainable option compared with plastic.
When you use silicone, you’re saving the planet by choosing products that are made from natural materials (did you know it’s made from sand?!) so ka pai! Learn how to look after your silicone here.
7.5cm high, 6.5cm wide
What age are these cups for?
From starting solids and beyond. Try introducing the cup into your little one's hands from age 4 months onwards.
Can older children use them?
Yes. They fit in a lot of liquid, they're smash proof and they're comfy to drink from.
How can I teach my baby to drink from an open cup?
Help them in the beginning by letting them close their lips around the rim and then gently tipping it for them. When they're more familiar, try placing the cup in one of their hands, the other will likely naturally grasp the cup too and then you can gently help them tip it back whilst they're holding it. With practice at every mealtime, they'll soon learn how to grasp, pick up and sip from an open cup independently.
How can I clean my silicone?
Everything goes in the dishwasher or some warm soapy water will do the job. You can also bake them! More about that here.
Where to you ship to?
We ship worldwide! We're doing our best to keep shipping prices as low as possible.