Is there anything better than playing shops?
I don't think so.
Watch me play with Etta (age 20 months) and keep an interaction going. Remember, children learn language best through play. Throw away your flash cards!
Strategies I’m using:
- Saying what Etta says and adding a word
- Saying words back slowly and clearly to her
- Letting her lead the play and eating what I’m offered
- Keeping the turn taking going
- Labelling things she doesn’t know the name of
- Linking language to something else she knows. Likes monkeys eat bananas
- Repeating new words with lots of emphasis on sounds she struggle with
Watch the full reel here